Friday, July 13, 2012

Sun Spot Cafe


I am making this city mine.  Seriously I have walked all over the place.  That translates to me getting hungry.  So the other day in between hitting up the Botanical Gardens, Smithsonian American Indian Museum and Smithsonian Natural History Museum (all located on my Smithsonian App) I became a bit famished.  I picked a direction, walked a few blocks and then flipped on my Urbanspoon App to see what was nearest to me.  I ended up at the Sun Spot Cafe; a small, convenient storesque, deli like restaurant.  Grabbing a Dr. Pepper I ordered a gyro and a Greek salad and sat down for a minute.  My food was ready pretty quick.  The salad was just ehh, I’ve had better.  The gyro was more a wrap then a traditional gyro, the pita being some sort of pita-tortilla hybrid.  The meat was fairly good but the lettuce tended to mask the taste of the sauce.  On a scale from 1 to the best gyro I’ve ever tasted I give this a C (yes I just made a scale based on numbers, experiences and letters, deal with it!).

Sun Spot Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment