Monday, June 11, 2012

Taquería Maranthara


Food Truck.  Mexican Food.  Backside of Churchill Downs.  This should be good.  For those of you that aren’t from the city, or don’t work near or understand Churchill Downs let me explain.  A lot of the hardworking individuals who both work and live on the backside of CHD are Hispanic, so any Mexican food around there should be good!  I have seen this little white truck in the 5/3 bank parking lot at the corner of 4th and Central for some time now.  I’m usually too busy, or don’t have cash so until today I haven’t eaten there.  Honestly I didn’t even know the name of the truck, just that the big letters on the side said tacos, tamales, quesadillas.  Turns out it’s called Taquería Maranthara.  For $4 I got a carne asada taco, pollo asada taco, and a puerco tamale.  $4?!  Awsome.  They were all delish, the carne taco being my personal favorite.  I will be going back to try the rest of the menu, everything looked good.  For those of you that are skeptics about food trucks please don’t be.  They proudly displayed their permits in the window and I saw everyone wearing gloves, sanitation doesn’t seem to be an issue in any of the food trucks I have eaten at.  Stop by, see the ladies in the food truck, have a lunch that’s light on your wallet and good in your stomach.

No comments:

Post a Comment