Thursday, December 22, 2011

Going South for the Winter...

Some news about my journey to “Taste the Ville”; it’s about to take a detour.  I am being given the opportunity to go work in Memphis until March at FedEx Forum home of the Memphis Grizzlies.  While this will put a little bit of a twist on my plan to blog about the amazing culinary landscape of Louisville, it is going to give me the unique opportunity to check into another city’s hot spots.  It is my hope that I will be able to continue writing about amazing food, just in a different location.  I will certainly miss my favorite Ville spots, and will no doubt be comparing everything I eat to somewhere back home.  I just wanted to get the explanation out there before Memphis eateries started popping up.  Hope you continue to enjoy the blog and have a safe and Happy Holiday Season, cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Some Memphis restaurants to put on your list to try:

    Arcade: Great greasy spoon diner

    Leonard's: I think it's better than Corky's but that's mostly because they give each person their own pitcher of sweet tea

    Rendezvous: a bit more expensive barbecue

    Fuel Cafe: A cool restaurant in a converted gas station

    Of course I haven't lived there in many years so I'm sure there are many, many great new ones to try.

    ReplyDelete