Thursday, June 13, 2013

Glam Doll Donuts

It’s only appropriate that I start my Minneapolis food journey in the same place I began in Louisville.  That’s right, DONUTS!!!  Trying to decide what shop to visit I did what any self respecting food lover would do, I Googled “bacon donut in Minneapolis.”  And this is where my journey to Glam Doll Donuts begins.  It started as a quest to find the match to my beloved Nord’s Bakery in Louisville, it ended with a pretty cool find.  My mother had come up to visit and help me house hunt and we were hungry.  I knew I wanted to go to Glam Doll so I decided this was the perfect opportunity.  It was a Saturday morning and when we arrived there was a small line, but nothing too crazy.  The menu was too large for the two of us to tackle in one day, so we each decided on 3 getting a half dozen and taking one bite of each donut.  They were rich, sweet, and delightfully fluffy.  Walking into Glam Doll is like walking onto the set of a vintage photo shoot. Retro aprons, vintage clothing, and a staff that to be honest, I would love to hang out with, the shop is inviting.  I was sad the photo booth was out of service, but I guess I will just have to go back.  In all we had the following donuts: Glam Doll, Showgirl (this is the one with bacon, I’m going to throw it out there, it’s not as good as my Louisville favorite, but good.), Calendar Girl, Femme Fatale (my favorite), Varga Girl, and a Bombshell.  Top that off with a few Chai Teas and you have yourself a pretty spectacular morning.  I can’t wait to go back and try the rest!
Glam Doll Donuts on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment