Thursday, March 22, 2012

Joe's Older Than Dirt

I love food.  I’m talking good food.  It doesn’t matter if it’s expensive or cheap, ultra healthy or really greasy; if it tastes good I love it.  I have been gone from Louisville for essentially 3 months for work; first to Memphis and then to Palm Springs, CAMemphis I ate pretty much southern fried greasy food.  Palm Springs I had sushi and avocados almost every day.  My last meal in Palm Springs was at Cliffhouse.  It was a nonstop gluttonous affair of epic proportions with 8 coworkers where we sampled most of the menu, if you have the chance to go I suggest it.  When I finally got home to the Ville all I wanted to do, besides try and get back on some sort of normal schedule, was eat some down home food.  So a buddy and I decided to hit up Joe’s Older Than Dirt in Lyndon. 
It was more that we wanted, as my friend put it “a low key, country music, summer around the corner kinda place” than a 5 star meal.  Who can beat $2 beer, a fried pork tenderloin sandwich and onion rings on a lazy first day of spring?  My buddy had one of the fish platters, it came with a bonus crab cake she said was delicious. A good lunch, a cold beer, a laid back atmosphere, and all for $12, welcome back to Kentucky me.

Joe's Older Than Dirt on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment